Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Delight

"Regarding Zion, I can't keep my mouth shut; regarding Jerusalem, I can't hold my tongue; until her righteousness blazes down like the sun and her salvation flames up like a torch. Foreign countries will see your righteousness, and world leaders your glory. You'll get a brand-new name straight from the mouth of God. You'll be a stunning crown in the palm of God's hand, a jeweled gold cup held high in the hand of your God. No more will anyone call you Rejected, and your country will no more be called Ruined. You'll be called Hephzibah (My Delight), and your land Beluah (Married), because God delights in you and your land will be like a wedding celebration. For as a young man marries his virgin bride, so your builder marries you; and as a bridegroom is happy with his bride, so your God is happy with you." Isaiah 62:1-5 MSG

I think all of us forget all too quickly that not only does God love us, he also delights in us. When I look at this past year I find myself wanting to focus on all the mess-ups, the wrong choices, the words I've regretted saying to others, but in all reality, God still is overjoyed with me. He's overjoyed with US! The past few months He has been emphasizing to me how delighted he is with me. It's a hard thing to swallow when you feel like you disappoint so many others in your life, but an incredible thing when you begin to see it, even just a glimpse.

I'm starting this next year, and this next season in my life, with that in mind. To say I am ready for change is the understatement of the year. I'm not one that can easily live with routines, with 9-5 jobs, with sameness. It chokes me, in a sense. But that's not to say that God hasn't used these past 2 years back home for his good. So much good has come from being here; I just fail to recognize it at times.

I leave on Sunday, January 4th for Colorado to do more training with YWAM Denver. The school will be held up in the Rocky Mountains for the entire 3 months, and I'm hoping to go overseas again on outreach, but that depends on God. I have almost enough money for the tuition (yay!) but no extra, which I'm honestly stoked about. I'm selling my car and getting rid of so much extra crap I don't need, and I'm thrusting myself off this cliff of comfortable predictability and into God's plans for me. I'm tired of trying to make sure all my bases are covered, that all my planning will work out. It's that feeling knowing that change is coming, not just with my actions and surroundings, but within me. It's like shedding a layer of skin. I need it, and a softer heart.

Some things God has laid on my heart to do/goals for this next year:
Grow deeper than ever before in my relationship with God
Learn to love people without an agenda of my own & without condition
Do more photography
Learn the Norwegian language
Leave the country at least twice...hopefully more
Cook some dang good food for people more deserving than I



I hope all of you had the most amazing Christmas season. Thank you for all you have poured into my life, and for helping me to make this next step. Be blessed!
-Bethany

4 comments:

israel said...

i can't wait to hear of your adventures. screw predictability!!!

AB said...

that was an amazing blog. i agree. i really needed to read that this perticular day.

Anonymous said...

Hello !.
You may , probably very interested to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
There is no initial capital needed You may begin earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
AimTrust incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with offices around the world.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your chance That`s what you really need!

I`m happy and lucky, I began to get real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to select a proper partner who uses your money in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I make 2G daily, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://egegopeh.virtue.nu/hefawaju.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to become rich

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have been times of hardship when I felt unhappy missing knowledge about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright pessimistic person.
I have never thought that there weren't any need in large starting capital.
Nowadays, I'm happy and lucky , I begin to get real income.
It's all about how to choose a correct partner who uses your funds in a right way - that is incorporate it in real deals, and shares the profit with me.

You may get interested, if there are such firms? I'm obliged to tell the truth, YES, there are. Please be informed of one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]